Thursday, March 17, 2005

Welcome!

Let me start by saying welcome! I have started this blog to talk about what's happening in downtown Tulsa. It's an independent perspective, with insperation from "The Downtown Guy" - http://www.downtownguy.blogspot.com/ - a blog focused on downtown OKC and the bricktown. The Downtown Guy has decided to remain anaynomous, and I think that's a good idea, so I plan on doing the same.

My goals are to sort of 'spread the gosple' when it comes to downtown. What I will tell you about myself is that I am part of the younger generation. I'll soon be finishing my education at one of the Tulsa areas universities and I am staying here, in Tulsa, something that many of my peer's will not be doing. I truely find that a sad thing. I have spent much of my life traveling and I have fallen in love with this town and it's people. I can not imagine living or raising a family anywhere else.

Hopefully, in some little way, this blog can centralize what is happening downtown and foster more growth. That is my only goal. I won't venture to much into Tulsa politics, or what is going on with the city council. I beleive there roles are obviously important, but I think what will bring downtown Tulsa back to life is a new generation of thinkers at the provate level. People like Elliot Nelson and his McNellies Public House. Micah Alexander and his 818, and the many many others starting to make there dreams a reality in downtown. So check back often, tell your friends, and most importantly come downtown!

1 Comments:

Blogger La Dolce Vita said...

yes downtown guy, now that I am no longer tied up with my old job I feel that I can take this blog and run with it. by the way, I'm a big fan and avid reader of your okc blog!

2:14 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home